• John Bloess, Senior Loss Control Manager, AEU
• Jimmy Burgin, Senior Vice President, Director of Loss Control, AEU
• Terry Guidry, Senior Loss Control Manager, AEU
• Christian Murillo, Loss Control Manager, AEU
Original recording date: May 14, 2020
Duration: 25:15 minutes
Employers in the maritime industry are faced with the tremendous challenge of continuing operations without exposing their workers to COVID-19. It’s more critical than ever that companies that continue to work during the pandemic have the right resources and training in place to keep workers safe.
For this episode, we called on four members of AEU’s loss control team – John Bloess, Jimmy Burgin, Terry Guidry and Christian Murillo – to offer their insight and observations around virus-related safety issues.
Their discussion includes how to disinfect workplace equipment, the OSHA rules that apply to protecting workers from exposure to COVID-19, and OSHA guidance on preparing workplaces for the virus. They also take a closer look at engineering and administrative controls that can help keep workers safe, respiratory protection protocols, and how OSHA’s recordkeeping rule applies to COVID-19 cases.
By viewing this webcast, you will learn:
- How to disinfect workplace equipment
- The OSHA rules that apply to protecting workers from exposure to COVID-19
- OSHA guidance on preparing workplaces for the virus
- Engineering and administrative controls that can keep workers safe